The fourth largest city in Morocco, Marrakech is nothing but spectacular and is full of discoveries and activities. From its famous cuisine to
Explore The Medina of Marrakech
A visit to Marrakech without stumbling upon the historic old town and atmospheric medina would never be complete!
Residing behind ancient walls and gates, it’s like a different world preserved for us, the curious wanderers. It’s where the former Islamic capital from the 11th century still breathes and is filled with buzz, movement, traditional interiors, exciting smells, and charming palaces.
While there are many great things to consider in the old town of Marrakech, let’s take a look at some key attractions:
- Bahia Palace – For enchanting architecture, beautiful décor and interesting history.
- Ben Youssef Medersa – Discover the former largest Islamic college in Morocco and marvel at the dazzling ornamentations.
- Djemaa El Fna – From snake charmers to acrobats to endless vendors, the heart of medina is pulsing with chaos and life.
- Marrakech Museum – Located in the centre of medina, it hosts Moroccan art, historical books, pottery and more.
Shop & Bargain in Souks
Souks or simply markets of Marrakech can be a wild adventure on its own with all sorts of elements.
Getting lost is pretty common when moving around similar-looking souks and navigating the narrow streets, especially without a guide or a map. But worry not, getting lost can bring some wonderful discoveries.
Anything from hand-made carpets, handbags, jackets to beautiful ceramics and iconic lamps, the souks will definitely become your one of the best highlights of Marrakech!
Experience The Hammam
So far it seems that Marrakech is building up to be a crazy journey at the very least. Time to relax and experience something that is authentic and has a very big importance in Moroccan culture.
Unwinding in Moroccan bathhouse is undeniably the best thing you could do to relax in Marrakech and still explore its culture at the same time.
Originating from Roman times, hammams play a huge role in the daily life of Marrakech city and culture.
Cheap hammams are spread all over the city for those who are looking for a budget-friendly option and some bathhouses boast luxury and glamour that are specially made for tourists.
Discover The Ourika Valley
Looking to being closer to nature or an outdoor experience around Marrakech? The beautiful Ourika Valley can be your perfect retreat in nature, being only 50 kilometres and one-hour drive away from the city of Marrakech.
What awaits the visitor at this stunning valley
- Setti-Fatma Village – A charming village, and the only one in the valley will serve as a base for you and other travelers.
- Ourika Waterfalls – Not one, not two, but seven of them awaits! Reaching them presents its own challenges, with the first one being the easiest to access.
- Traditional Markets – Just as if shopping in Marrakech wasn’t enough, you will find shopping opportunities here as well, with Ourika Market and Aghbalou Market leading the way.
- Ourika River – A streamy and ice-cold river passing through the valley with lovely restaurants on both banks.
Take that extra step and escape the blazing and scorching Morocco’s sun for a moment and enter the cooler crisp mountain air in the picturesque Valley of Ourika!